When Allrecipes first began providing digital food resources two decades ago, “Best Food Wednesday” held the crown as the week’s busiest shopping day, probably due to Wednesdays being when most retailers refreshed product displays and published weekly savings flyers. Times have changed—a result of more parents working outside of the home, and the increased use of Sundays for preparing meals for the week ahead—to where weekends are now the week’s busiest grocery shopping period. Millennials are the largest cohort of weekend shoppers with 58% saying they conduct their “big shopping trip” on weekends, compared with just 41% of non-millennials. Click here to read the September 2016 Allrecipes Measuring Cup Report with seven more insights about shopping and cooking behaviors.
- Entertaining Trend #3: Love to Cook? Invite Friends for Dinner!
- Allrecipes Knew There Would Be a Lot of Cooks in the Kitchen Over the Holidays, so It Turned to the Cloud to Dish Up Site Stability
- Entertaining Trend #2 – There’s Always a Reason to Get Together
- Samsung Offers the Latest Version of Its Connected Family Hub Fridge
- Entertaining Trend #1: Millennials “Heart” Parties